- Our Parkinson’s program has been developed in partner with Freedom Therapy.
- Our team is specially trained to treat people with Parkinson’s Disease at all levels of diagnosis.
The rehab staff have completed various trainings and certifications including:
- LSVT Big Certification and LSVT Loud Certifications - an intensive amplitude-based exercise program for people with Parkinson’s
- Allied Team Training for Parkinson’s (ATTP) – by the National Parkinson Foundation
- Accreditation by the Parkinson Foundation of the Heartland.
Freedom Therapy offers residents at Crest Manor a consistent therapy team with specialized training to assist residents and their caregivers in addressing the special needs of individuals diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.
The Crest Manor Staff have also completed training in understanding Parkinson’s Disease and how to best care for our residents with distinct needs to maintain a quality of life with Parkinson’s.
Our program also includes:
- Timely Medication Management
- Develop & Maintain Good Nutritional Habits
- Treatment & Prevention of Speech Disorders
- Understanding & Addressing Depression and Sleep Disorders
- Exercising & Understanding the Importance of a Proper Exercise Program
- Caregiver Training & Education
- Fall Prevention
- Home Assessments